May 26, 2011

Milk

I stared at the glass doors. It was cold. I shivered every time the refrigerator doors opened. I needed milk. But none of the cartons looked familiar. I always buy Sunnyside 1% milk at SaveMart. I wasn’t at SaveMart. Here didn’t have a half-gallon of 1% milk in a pink and white carton. There was nothing that came close. There was a strange brand here – blue and green. I didn’t know what to do. Why had I come here? SaveMart was just down the street. I could go there now. But I was here. But here doesn’t have the pink and white carton. The milk in these ones couldn’t be the same. Could it? Make a decision. Buy one. Leave. Stop standing here. I should call my mom. She would know what to do. She told me never to buy milk in plastic jugs. Light penetrates the plastic and kills the vitamins. But she never said anything about milk in blue and green cartons.

No comments:

Post a Comment