May 6, 2011

Summer Days

We finally have grass in our backyard. I constructed a barricade of patio chairs, wagons, and drink tubs, so I could keep Jonah and Riley on it. I filled the tubs with water and dumbed their bath toys in them. In short bursts, I sprayed the garden hose up in the air and watched their shivers turn into laughter as the rain pitter-pattered on the plastic fort.

Jonah and Riley need to be touching. Sometimes, they need to sit on each other, as if there is one spot in the whole world they must both be in at that moment. It’s a love-hate relationship. It’s ok, until it’s not ok – until he touched her hair, or she took his ball, or I carried her, or I carried him – there’s always some injustice.

But this afternoon all was ok. They laughed at the rain, pointed at the birdies, and sat touching.






When Matt came home, it was time for pillow “pow pows” and “upside down.”



Tomorrow, the birdies will feast on minced meat, Oski will try and feast on the birdies, and it will be another summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment