April 26, 2011

I love Whirlpool

My brand new Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer are here. I have officially moved up in the world from top-loader to front-loader. And I'm in HE heaven. HE stands for high efficiency, which basically means I have to buy detergent that says HE on it. The washer has this cycle called Whitest Whites that makes my entire laundry room smell sanitized. The dials say things like EcoBoost and Steam Refresh. The drums actually weigh my load of laundry and calculate washing and drying times. And there's a drum light for the dryer so I can light up the clothes while they spin. Jonah and Riley love this. Although, I'm not sure what Whirlpool was thinking. I imagine there was a meeting about how to make drying clothes more spectacular. Drum light. Done.


I figure it was a year of bibs and burp cloths that pushed my trusty Sears Kenmore over the edge. But when I smelled smoke, I had no idea. I smelled smoke and I was home alone. I quickly moved from room to room trying to remember if I left the iron on, a candle burning, something. I could see smoke. It was floating in the air. Where was the fire? I call Matt and tell him, knowing I am the textbook example of what never to do in an emergency. I should note here that Matt graduated from the Fire Academy. So he says it could be in the walls. It could be in the walls. What was I suppossed to do with that? He says go look outside. Good call. I go outside. Nothing. He asks if it smells like wood burning or a mechanical fire. Again, really. I say it smells like something is burning. Then I realize it's coming from the laundry room.

And well, here we are. Matt picked them out all by himself in a very cool industrial, brushed silver finish. I'm so proud of him for leading our family toward HE – and myself for letting something go.

No comments:

Post a Comment